What is the easiest way to clean granite countertops? We’ve read a lot of varying views on this – use Windex! But no, do not use Windex! Use a specific granite only cleaner! Not any, you do not require a particular granite, only cleaner! – But after doing the own research of ours, we feel we have discovered a consensus among stone pros on how you can take care of granite. The great part? You genuinely do not require some specific cleaners being those countertops lustrous and also streak-free.
The Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning Granite
DO: Ensure your granite countertop is sealed.
While granite is a tough exterior and also much less porous compared to marble, unsealed and weakly sealed granite will take in stains, spills, and oils. To determine whether your granite is sealed, go out of a couple of drops of h20 on the surface area. In case it beads in place, you have got a protected seal. In fact, after a couple of mins, the bath has soaked in the granite, then it is some time to reseal the stone.
DO: Be careful.
Make use of warm water, a gentle or mild dish detergent, along with a nubby washcloth or perhaps microfiber cloth for everyday wipe downs.
DON’T: Use durable and abrasive sponges and cleaners.
Windex, harsh cleaners, lemon, like vinegar, lime, or perhaps something with bleach or ammonia, need to stay away from. Regular utilization of these chemical substances will flat and also weaken the sealant as time passes. Essentially, the nastier, the fresher, the faster it is going to break down the sealant.
What about Disinfecting?
A well-sealed granite countertop is pretty impervious to bacteria. Water that is hot and dish detergent must be enough for everyday sanitizing. Nevertheless, in case a much stronger disinfectant is desired, blend a 50:50 formula of h20 as well as ninety-one % isopropyl alcohol. Spray onto the granite, permit to sit down for 3 to 5 minutes, after which rinse with water and dry out using a thoroughly clean microfiber cloth. Stay away from bleach or perhaps ammonia-based cleaners.
What about Special Granite Safe Cleaners?
You will find granite cleaners available, this way one from Method and this from Granite Gold. Some all-purpose surface cleaners also indicate they are secure for granite. Use these cleaners if you won’t – know that you don’t have to buy them if you don’t want to. The cleaning tutorial below is going to work all right!
Damp your recipe cloth with bright, soapy h2o: Fill the sink with warm water and minor dish detergent, and then wholly wet a thoroughly clean recipe cloth.
The best way to Clean as well as Disinfect Granite Countertops
What you Need
- Bright water
- Gentle or mild dish soap
- Clean microfiber cloth or perhaps terrycloth towel
- Isopropyl alcohol (optional)
- Spray bottle (optional)
- Damp your recipe cloth with bright, soapy h2o: Fill the sink with water that is warm and minor dish detergent, and then wholly wet, thoroughly clean dishcloth.
- Clean down the granite countertops: You do not require us to inform you exactly how to accomplish this part. Clean away any crumbs or spills on the countertop of yours!
- Dry out with a microfiber cloth to stay away from streaking: Dry and buff your granite countertop completely using a microfiber cloth or maybe a delicate terry cloth towel to stay away from streaking.
- Create a bath and also isopropyl alcohol answer: To routinely disinfect your granite countertops, eliminate detergent residue, and regain gloss, mix a 50:50 formula of h20 as well as ninety-one % isopropyl alcohol.
- Shine and disinfect: Spray the option onto the granite, let it sit down for 3 5 mins, then wash with clean water and dry out using a thoroughly clean microfiber cloth.
- Enjoy!: Your great, shiny, fresh granite countertops are all set.
For more tips on cleaning and caring for your counter tops take alook at Calistone Counter Tops granite care guide.